Smart city is an interconnected system of communicative and information technologies with the Internet of Things (IoT), which simplifies the management of the internal processes of the city and improves the standard of living of the population.
The intellectual city performs two important tasks:
- collection and transfer of data to management representatives;
- establishing feedback between the administration and citizens, improving the environment.
The advantages of smart city are to increase the living standards of citizens and to reduce the costs of business processes by automating activities that do not require the use of analytical skills.
Digital cities are constantly improving their functions by continuously processing and updating information. Integrated sensors collect information received from city residents and using electronic devices. After analyzing the collected data, optimization occurs to solve inefficiency problems.
The components of the system of intelligent cities:
- Customer service and involvement
- Education and research (coming)
- Building, energy and infrastructure (coming)
- AI and Analytics
- Health and well-being
- Safety and security
- Renewing industry
- Smart mobility